If you have an air conditioner in McKinney Texas, you understand that it is the most important appliance that you have. Are you taking the proper steps to protect this important investment? Without proper maintenance, your AC unit may break down, and you will lose the comfort that you have right now.
Therefore, considering how hot it is in Texas, you need to take proper care in maintaining your unit. Always check for Consistent System Performance. Nobody wants an air conditioner to give out during a hot summer. During the hottest days, a broken air conditioning unit can be dangerous for people or pets. Fix HVAC system problems early, before they lead to system breakdowns that leave in-home temperatures unbearable. If it does happen, you may need to look for an Air Conditioner Repair service in McKinney, Texas.
If you want to avoid these circumstances, always do a regular maintenance on your unit. A regular maintenance not only keeps the unit working properly, it also prolongs the life cycle of the unit.
Here’s how you can do some DIY maintenance on your AC in thirteen easy steps:
- Turn off the power to unit.
- Detach the filter as well as the bezel to reveal the cooling coils.
- Use a cleaning agent specifically for cleaning AC’s and spray it to the coil.
- Use plain water to clean the filter and the bezel.
- Re-attach both the filter and the bezel then turn it on after 10 minutes.
- Turn on the unit and set it to cool.
- If the air smells a bit bad, restart the whole process from 1-6 until the odor is gone.
- Turn off the unit so that you can start other maintenance work.
- Check the outdoor coils for dirt and grime.
- If the coils are dirty, clean them with a rag or by applying a foaming cleaner for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Use clean water to rinse off the foaming cleaner.
- Test the unit by adjusting the thermostat after turning it on.
- If you see anything else that looks wrong, consult an Air Conditioner repair service in McKinney, Texas.
A professional AC technician does more than clean and fixe your cooling system. During maintenance checks, a technician can spot several problem signs and repair them early so that you can enjoy a cool day during the warmest times of the year.
If you are looking for the best Air Conditioner repair in McKinney, Texas, check out Air Repair Pros and let them do the job for you. Air Repair Pros has been in the business of repairing Air Conditioners for more than 38 years now and have fixed thousands of units. They are certified by the EPA and are the best in providing quality services for residential houses in McKinney, Texas and the rest of the surrounding are. Their past customers consider them “prompt, courteous, and easy to work with.” as well as “arrives on time and completes installation in a timely manner.” Contact them now at 972-625-1400 and schedule your repair today.