Energy costs are rising higher in this day and age more than they were 30 years ago. Costs are higher in some seasons of the year than in others. Below you will find effective tips to controlling your energy costs.
- Perform general maintenance around your home. There are several types of cost preventive maintenance that can be performed one of these is the installation of air sealing materials around doors and windows. Make sure seals around your doors, windows and any other applicable areas are properly sealed to prevent draft.
- Another cost preventive maintenance tip to follow is making sure your home is properly insulated. In areas like attics, if insulation is worn or falling out, the drafts from these areas can also negatively affect your energy costs. Check your insulation twice a year to see if it needs replacing.
- Turn off your lights when you are not using them. Perhaps the number one reason for elevated energy costs is leaving the lights on when not in use. You are advised to not burn these lights when you go to bed at night but instead, invest in a small night light (which costs a lot less to burn) or a battery operated light fixture.
- Install Energy Star light fixtures in your home. Energy Star lighting fixtures are a little more expensive than regular light bulbs but they pay for themselves the very first month of use.
- Use your air conditioning conservatively during the summer by finding other ways of keeping cool. Take a swim break in the middle of the day, or turn on an energy-saving fan on to keep you cool while doing desk work. Consider investing in a high-efficiency air conditioning and heating system such as the XLI20 by TRANE. Contact our comfort experts at Air Repair Inc. at 972-625-1400 to schedule your consultation today.
- Conserving energy takes “teamwork”! Make sure that you have the help of every member of your household to make sure that they do their part in these steps to control energy costs.
We hope that these tips have been helpful as the cost of energy continues to rise. If you have any further questions or would like to schedule a service call, please feel free to contact Air Repair Inc. at 972-625-1400.